Flagfox & Pale Moon, an idea

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
gracious1

Flagfox & Pale Moon, an idea

Post by gracious1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

DaveG wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:20 am
If the Pale Moon fork has enough users, I might consider posting some updates to the current major version there, after the big update on the main branch. For now, mark me down as a definite "maybe". ;)
DaveG wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:06 pm
…dealing with Pale Moon is so far on the back-burner that it's cold. No decisions yet, one way or another.
Hi, DaveG! :)
If I may make a suggestion:
For now, all that would be necessary to host Flagfox 5.2.3 at the Pale Moon site are the following:
  • Add the target block to the install.rdf, like so:

Code: Select all

<em:targetApplication>
             <Description>
                <!-- Pale Moon -->
                <em:id>{8de7fcbb-c55c-4fbe-bfc5-fc555c87dbc4}</em:id>
                <em:minVersion>27.0</em:minVersion>
                <em:maxVersion>27.*</em:maxVersion>
             </Description>
          </em:targetApplication>
  • Contact Lootyhoof at Github or PM forum and give him the modified xpi file to host Flagfox at Pale Moon Add-ons Site.
Actually, since I know you are busy trying to get up to speed with the WebExtension Apocalypse, I can do these for you, if you like. :geek: I just need a 64x64 alpha transparent icon in the PNG format to give to him (to go in Add-ons Manager). If you don't even time to give me the icon, I would just submit the xpi file for now. Bascially, I just need your permission, and I can take care of the whole thing for you.

HTH. Cheers!

kbhasi

Re: Flagfox & Pale Moon, an idea

Post by kbhasi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 am

Yes, he really should continue maintaining the 5.x branch for us Pale Moon users.

I mean, I'm already beginning to get messages that my "...installed version of Flagfox is now more than a few months old. Flagfox uses an internal IP address location database to look up server locations...".

However, I can't update, and besides, one of the reasons why I use Pale Moon is because I hate the WebExtensions framework and its limitations!

beaujolais

Post by beaujolais » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Looks like a number of Pale Moon users are getting the same database notification. First off, many thanks for this extension. I've used it for years, both on Firefox and more recently on Pale Moon. A quick search on the Pale Moon forum shows that Flagfox rates very highly among users of this fork.

To second gracious1 above - the Pale Moon add-ons site hosts numerous extensions that have been tweaked to ensure continued compatibility. It looks like Flagfox v5.2.3 will continue to be compatible with Pale Moon, it's just a matter of database updates. Were you inclined to support this hosting, I (and many other users) would be very grateful.

Many thanks -

Wavy

Post by Wavy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Just registered to thank you for your great extension and also kindly ask if you could find a way to add/extend Pale Moon support.

ianas

Post by ianas » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 am

as a Basilisk user (the new browser from the Pale Moon devs) I'd like to ask is there a way to manually update the IP database from the webext addon to the old xpcom addon
maybe you could update the old xpcom addon with the new IP databases and host it outside of AMO for us Firefox-ESR, Pale Moon, Basilisk, Cyberfox and Waterfox users who still need xpcom style addons and afaik none of the above browsers need signed addons they all can work with unsigned addons

Wavy

Post by Wavy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Denis wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:14 pm
Being both a long time user of Flagfox and Pale Moon, I am in pain right now. Good sir, please, don’t forget about us.
The newest 5.2.4 release works great with Pale Moon: Flagfox 6.0.2 and 5.2.4 updates released

Pendaws

Post by Pendaws » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:44 am

Hi there, I have been using Flagfox for years and I do so like it but, a while ago it changed and I cannot use the latest version on my Palemoon 64 bit. I noticed that people here have said that the version 5.24 will work but, I used the link above posted by Wavy and all there is listed there is 5.23 and the latest 6 version, can anyone kindly lead me to the 5.24 download? Thanks :)

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:26 am

As Mozilla now prohibits "legacy" addons from being uploaded to AMO, Flagfox 5.2.x ESR releases are being done manually via the Flagfox blog. (not exactly ideal, but it works) The latest post is here and all of these ESR releases are listed here, along with hashes for integrity protection (as apposed to current Flagfox 6.x versions, which get signed by AMO). The current versions of Flagfox as of now are 6.0.6 & 5.2.7.

Pendaws

Post by Pendaws » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:20 am

DaveG, I thank you so much for adding that link for me. I very much like this little add-on and will continue to watch it's further development :).
Kudos.

sciuro

Post by sciuro » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:13 pm

DaveG, thank you very much for the link also as I just switched to Pale Moon and looking for as much as I can save from the old good ESR 52 until the begining of September when it will be killed. Than I have to decide between "keep using ESR 52 with JavaScript disabled" and "Pale Moon" but I am already 90% to Pale Moon if I can find all extensions.