? flag showing for Cloudflare sites [RESOLVED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
brambles

? flag showing for Cloudflare sites [RESOLVED]

Post by brambles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 pm

The latest update (August 2017) seems to have broken displaying flags for sites that use Cloudflare (or, at least, that's what I've noticed). A rectangle with a "?" is displayed instead.

E.g.:
https://loc.gov/
https://discordapp.com/
https://news.ycombinator.com/

Thanks for the nice extension! Hope it will survive the FF57 switch.

brambles

Re: ? flag showing for Cloudflare sites

Post by brambles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Uh, actually now I'm getting an ! with a tooltip saying "IPDB LOAD ERROR (?)" on every single site (including this one). If I click on it I see a captch and am asked to update Flagfox, but I already have the latest version.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:20 am

Yes, I've been seeing the Cloudflare issue too. It looks like they simply don't have all of their IP ranges in the Maxmind database. Nothing I can do about that until Maxmind does something on their end. We just don't know where those servers are, thus the indicating icon.

As to the error message, that's different and new. I got a couple other reports elsewhere, and Firefox seems to be breaking the install, somehow. I have no idea why; Firefox does the actual installation/update, not Flagfox. Reinstalls apparently fix it, possibly requiring two tries. This shouldn't happen, and I don't know what Mozilla did recently that broke things for some people. Specifically, what version of Firefox are you getting this on? Also, what operating system and version?

For the Firefox 57 addon-apocalypse... yeah, that's on the todo list. It looks like the backend stuff should be straightforward, but I have to rewrite the UI in a new langauge as XUL support is dropped completely. I am not looking forward to it, hence the procrastination.

pirrubi

Post by pirrubi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:53 am

I have the same problem "IPDB load error" on latest Firefox 56. However downgrading to flagfox 5.1.26 fix the issue.

https://www.fiuxy.bz/
Last edited by pirrubi on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:31 am

pirrubi wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:53 am
I have the same problem "IPDB load error" on latest Firefox 56. However downgrading to flagfox 5.1.26 fix the issue.
Flagfox 5.1.26 is the current version, so that's not a downgrade, just a reinstall.

TonyTough

Post by TonyTough » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:13 am

The problem with "!" and "IPDB load error" was solved for me with Firefox Update to version 55.0.3 (64bit) on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

brambles

Post by brambles » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Thanks for the response. If I uninstalled Flagfox and reinstalled it, things seemed to work fine (no IPDB error anyhow, though obviously the Cloudflare issue remained), but after a while (maybe after a restart? can't remember) it would just break again; repeated the process, same thing, it eventually breaks. Right now I just downgraded to 5.1.25 which seems to work fine for now. Maybe 55.0.3 will solve things (not in Ubuntu's repos quite yet though).

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 pm

The Firefox 55.0.3 changelog does specifically mention a fix with regard to addon loading, so yes, everyone please update Firefox and see if that fixes things. (also update Firefox Beta, if using that, as they got the same update in there too)

The Cloudflare issue is unrelated.