Reviews for Flagfox on mozilla.org

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
TheMan

Reviews for Flagfox on mozilla.org

Post by TheMan » Sat May 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Why are you deleting all feedback that contain negative reviews or bug reports on mozilla.org?

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Reviews for Flagfox on mozilla.org

Post by DaveG » Sat May 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Addon developers are not capable of deleting reviews on addons.mozilla.org. (that would be stupid) What we are capable of doing, like everyone else, is reporting non-reviews to moderators who them delete them. Using addon reviews for support requests is explicitly against Mozilla policy and when you click to report a review you get a multiple choice menu with that being one of the options. The AMO review system is not a support forum. This is a support forum. If you have a problem, please post here with enough information to be useful and I can actually discuss it with you and investigate and fix the issue.

Also please note that the moderators seem to be acting more proactively these days. I see in my email inbox a notification for a review, which I would assume is from you, which says "Are you keeping ONLY positive comments here? So sad :(". It's not showing on AMO and I started replying here before I even knew it existed, so someone else is moderating my reviews rather quickly. It would appear that your actions on AMO have caught the eye of one of their moderators for whatever you've been posting there.

TheMan

Re: Reviews for Flagfox on mozilla.org

Post by TheMan » Sat May 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for the reply DaveG, you have said more than enough.
I see no point of allowing ONLY positive reviews on mozilla.org, but since your saying you have nothing to do with then no need to discuss it any further.

Keep up the good work.