Flagfox error with FoxyProxy [RESOLVED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
kinggaetano

Flagfox error with FoxyProxy [RESOLVED]

Post by kinggaetano » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am

The flag graphic is not displaying in the address line. Operating system: Windows 7 HP Business, 64 bits. Not sure of timeline, but noticed this after most recent Firefox update. Ran all troubleshooting, etc preliminaries, including test profile. My machine is partitioned, also runs Ubuntu. Flag still displayed in Ubuntu. Plugin is up to date.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Flagfox error with FoxyProxy

Post by DaveG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 am

You can get to the Error Console under "Tools" in the classic menu or "Web Developer" in the Firefox button menu. Please check for any Flagfox errors and post them here.

Also, please try reinstalling Flagfox if you haven't already.

kinggaetano

Post by kinggaetano » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks. Here's the message. There were several--each identical

Timestamp: 2/28/2013 6:18:38 PM
Error: Flagfox EXCEPTION: [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "this.fp is null" {file: "file:///C:/Users/ReKFritz/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0nmmjntk.default/extensions/foxyproxy@eric.h.jung/components/protocolProxyServiceWrapper.js" line: 41}]' when calling method: [nsIProtocolProxyService::asyncResolve]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: resource://flagfox/flagfox.jsm :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 1234" data: yes]
Source File: resource://flagfox/flagfox.jsm
Line: 556

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 am

Well, that says FoxyProxy is what's breaking here and preventing Flagfox from doing lookups. You should be able to disable it to get Flagfox working again. I'll have to look into this deeper to figure out what's going on here.

kinggaetano

Post by kinggaetano » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 am

Is it kosher if I forward this to the folks @ Foxy Proxy? Please know that allowing an HP proprietary version of Windows into my life was a mistake. After 2 yrs w/ one of their printers, I wouldn't buy anything fr/ them except a monitor.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

kinggaetano wrote:Is it kosher if I forward this to the folks @ Foxy Proxy?
Sounds like a good idea. I just emailed its developer with the details.

Just installing Flagfox and FoxyProxy in a new profile for me works fine, so there's obviously some configuration of FoxyProxy that's needed to trigger this.

Hopefully Eric will be able to get back to us and will know what's going on here.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:59 pm

I've gotten an email reply from them and they're pretty sure they were just missing a null check in their code. It should be fixed in FoxyProxy 4.2.1, however they can't release it yet due to unrelated issues they're still working on.

They sent me a test build with the fix, so if you use the PM system here to send me your email address I can email it to you to see if everything works for you with it.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Flagfox error with FoxyProxy [RESOLVED]

Post by DaveG » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks, kinggaetano, for troubleshooting and testing their fix.

To anyone else ending up here looking for info:
This is a bug in FoxyProxy. Whenever FoxyProxy releases their new major version it'll have the fix in it.