Copying results to clipboard

Get more actions or share your own!
mmmelaney

Copying results to clipboard

Post by mmmelaney » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:05 am

Is there any way to copy the results of a command to the clipboard? If not, what about selecting the entire page that has been opened and copying that to the clipboard?

What I want is the link created by TinyArro automatically copied to the clipboard (for lazy, no-keyboard surfing.) This is the last thing I need to do in order to replace UrlbarExt, Qrlink, and Stumbleupon with Flagfox. (Heh, heh!) 8-)

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Copying results to clipboard

Post by DaveG » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 am

Hmm... that's an interesting idea, but after a bit of futzing, no, I don't think you can do it. You can copy a string generated using placeholders easily enough or maybe run a script that could probably access the output of a page, but the script isn't run with privileges that have access to the clipboard because Firefox restricts that for security reasons. (and I don't think I want to give Flagfox actions higher privileges) I'm fairly certain I'd have to rearrange a bit and add a new handler or add some better scripting capability to be able to do what you're asking.

I understand the desire to cut out the extra clicks/keys, but it's probably not practical to do it via Flagfox at this rate. You might consider writing a little JetPack extension to do this sort of thing.

I might consider adding some more advanced scripting capability in some future Flagfox version, but for now this is out of its current scope. Sorry.

Edited to add:
By the way: I split off these posts to their own thread. You're free to create new threads in this forum and didn't have to post to the existing thread listing misc. actions.