HowTo turn off Flagfox Pop-Up

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
click-click

HowTo turn off Flagfox Pop-Up

Post by click-click » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:16 pm

I am still using an old version of Flagfox 5.2.11 with Firefox 52.9.0 ESR until I have enough alternative extensions to migrate to the next ESR and I keep getting an annoying pop-up telling me I have an old version of Flagfox. There's a checkbox: Don't show this again, but that doesn't suppress the pop-up the next time I open Firefox. Is there something I can tweak as a work-around to keep Ffagox from doing this?

click-click

Re: HowTo turn off Flagfox Pop-Up

Post by click-click » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:28 am

What's there to try? Those are only instructions on how to install the addon which I already have done. If the developer would allow replacing the old DB with a newer one, I would think the pop-ups would stop, but there is no way that I can tell to only download the DB. I'd be interested to hear from the developer or someone in the know why this is not an option. The only reason I could see is the developer changed the DB-format when migrating to web-extensions, but was that really necessary for the DB?

Sorry about missing the other thread that discusses this. If the admin wants to merge, please do so.

zoom314

Re: HowTo turn off Flagfox Pop-Up

Post by zoom314 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 pm

The author needs to support more than ****fox, like Waterfox, yeah I get the same popup and so do about 6 million other Waterfox users do too, if they have Flagfox installed.