Flagfox 5: can I have the old flags back?

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
Rachmaninoff

Flagfox 5: can I have the old flags back?

Post by Rachmaninoff » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Well, congratulations for the new version, but... the new flags are downright ugly. I'm deactivating Flagfox now, and if there's no way to bring the old flags back, I'm gonna search for another addon. I can't stare at these new flags... the fact they're accurate doesn't mean they are pleasant.

Thanks in advance.

UltraTaber

Re: Flagfox 5: can I have the old flags back?

Post by UltraTaber » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:27 pm

agreed. glad to see i'm not the only one disappointed.

blabla

Post by blabla » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:08 am

Please restore the old flags!

The new one's are horrible.
Bad design, too large, not so elegant

For me there was no need to change the icon set, so please give us the option to get the old ones again.
Otherwise I'm not sure if i will continue using Flagfox, because the icons really suck.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:17 am

Information on customizing the flag icon style is here:
https://flagfox.wordpress.com/2014/02/2 ... con-style/

There is an option to make the flags smaller, if you really want to. However, some flags have too much detail to look decent at smaller sizes.

They're not stylized and the correct colors so they generally look like the real flags now. If you don't like how the real flags look, you can look into applying a custom style on your end.

If you're going to complain here, however, please be less rude. Your opinion does not necessarily match other users'.

emil9216

Post by emil9216 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:46 am

I am trying to change the flagfox icon size using this style, but it's not working:

Code: Select all

#flagfox-icon {
 max-width: 22px; 
 }

Any idea why it is not working?

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:27 pm

emil9216 wrote:I am trying to change the flagfox icon size using this style, but it's not working:

Code: Select all

#flagfox-icon {
 max-width: 22px; 
 }
Any idea why it is not working?
The width is set based on a pref, so you probably can't set this specific property like this. Just set "extensions.flagfox.maxflagwidth" to 22 in about:config. You don't need to resort to CSS just to change the size.

https://flagfox.wordpress.com/2014/02/2 ... con-style/

gary774

Post by gary774 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Please give us the option to switch to the old flag icon set.
This new one looks really bad.
:(

flagborg

Post by flagborg » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:47 am

Another vote for an option to have the old flags. Flagfox is an informative extension, and I'm sure you're proud of it, but the new Flagfox defaults made it literally the single biggest icon in my browser. I used the config option to cut the width down, but the new aspect ratio makes the flags look squished at smaller sizes.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:32 am

flagborg wrote:the new Flagfox defaults made it literally the single biggest icon in my browser
It's no taller than any other icon in the browser. Standard height is 16px, the max height the flag can be. In part, the size is picked to make the icon more comparable in size to the other icons. It's just that most flags aren't square so they're a bit wider.

Mecki

Post by Mecki » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm totally with most people here. The new flags are just ugly. Everyone I asked thinks so. The colors are rather "dull", the flag looks "washed out", blurred and sometimes "blocky". Also the icon size never looks right in the location bar, no matter how much I tweak it; I can make it much bigger or much smaller and either way looks just wrong and not like an icon that belongs there. Who got the idea that flags must have a correct aspect ratio? Honestly, who cares? As long as I can recognize the flag, it may even be a round bubble like these ones: http://iconsmash.com/Icon/Iconset/253/F ... wwodxUAAcg I really don't care for the aspect ratio.