Captcha issue: being displayed constantly [RESOLVED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
spc3rd

Captcha issue: being displayed constantly [RESOLVED]

Post by spc3rd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:11 am

Good evening everyone,

Just joined the Flagfox Forum and also just installed the Flagfox plug-in (v4.2.17) for FF v27 today. Running Win 7 Pro, 64-bit computer.

Description of problem:

When either left-clicking on the Flagfox icon in the Address Bar or right-clicking it and selecting the Geotool, Flagfox is always presenting the captcha screen. Even after I have enlarged the font to the maximum, I have an extremely difficult time trying to discern the letters. The audio alternative does not help me in any way.

I've only been able to accurately enter the correct captcha a few times for some websites. Yet, when I subsequently re-visit one of those sites, I'm presented with the captcha screen yet again (after performing the previously-mentioned left or right-clicking on the icon).

I've repeatedly clicked many times on the icon to display yet another captcha, but with the same aforementioned results.

I have reviewed what prior posts exist in the Forum on this same issue; The FAQ's, and troubleshooting measures - - all to no avail. Given this major impediment, it appears to me this is an exercise in utter futility. Since I have seen no resolution to this problem in the Forum, I can only conclude there is none.

Thank you for your time and review.

spc3rd

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Captcha issue: being displayed constantly & hard to rea

Post by DaveG » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:36 am

Do you have any addons or settings enabled to disable all cookies? Users of the current Flagfox version should get no captcha but other users do. Geotool tells the two populations apart based on the cookie Flagfox sets when you load Geotool via Flagfox. (no personally identifying information contained in it) The current stable version is Flagfox 4.2.17 (note, not 4.1.17 which is the last 4.1.x version). The current development version is Flagfox 5.0b3. (more info here, though it shouldn't affect this) Both should be captcha free, unless the server has decided you're a spammer for some reason. Make sure you're not blocking cookies (at least for this domain), and if that doesn't work Richard will have to see why the server has decided it doesn't like you.

Our apologies for having to use a captcha in certain instances. The server has been completely killed multiple times from rather severe abuse on a couple of occasions.

spc3rd

Re: Captcha issue: being displayed constantly & hard to rea

Post by spc3rd » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for your follow-up info! :mrgreen:

As far as I can tell, I don't have any programs/settings which are blocking all cookies. I've been doing some more experimenting by going to websites which I have previously entered the captcha for (to see the map display), just to see if I am still being asked to enter the captcha again.

Thus far, when visiting those aforementioned sites, I'm not being asked to enter a captcha again. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and see what happens over the next few days.

If the issue continues, I'll post back about it. Thanks again for your time and help!

spc3rd