Right click a link, context menu has flag fox options? [FIXED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
JamesG269

Right click a link, context menu has flag fox options? [FIXED]

Post by JamesG269 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:32 am

Is this possible to do some how? I think it would be good to be able to check a link *before* you open it, maybe without copy-paste actions. Is there some way to add a right click context menu for flagfox for links and then check the page without opening it? Or if it could be added to FlagFox that would be good. (sorry if this has been asked, it's hard to understand the nomenclature of some of these tech posts.)

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Right click a link, context menu has flag fox options?

Post by DaveG » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 am

I had considered doing this in the past. It would probably require restricting this new menu to actions that only need a URL or domain, though maybe I could use fetch the IP if I can verify that DNS prefetch is on. I might consider it in some future Flagfox version but there are relatively few actions that would directly benefit from this. Running McAffe's site check would be the top contender, and doing a Geotool lookup on a file that would otherwise be downloaded might be nice, but I'm not sure this sort of thing would have enough use to be worth adding to Flagfox.

JamesG269

Post by JamesG269 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 am

Well there are several others in this thread: http://flagfox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=370 - but yea, probably not a huge market for it, but I'd appreciate it for one, thanks for considering it though.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Just cleaning up the forums a bit, and I noticed this thread. Flagfox 6.0+ now has this feature. :)

The relative ease of adding these new menus was the one actual good thing about the painful transition to the WebExtension API.