Wrong Countryflag, on Maxmind it works

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
chrigiboy

Wrong Countryflag, on Maxmind it works

Post by chrigiboy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am

Hello,
on flagfox i got a wrong Countryflag for our 2'000 IP Adresses. When i check the location at Maxmind, everything works fine. Countrycode and coordinates are right. I can send you my network IP, when you send me a PM. I don't want to talk about them on the public.

rleeden
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Countryflag, on Maxmind it works

Post by rleeden » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 am

Hi,

Firstly make sure you're using the latest version of Flagfox. Dave released version 4.2.5 yesterday which incorporates the latest IP database released by Maxmind.

But it is still quite possible that Maxmind and Flagfox are showing different results. There are two versions of the Maxmind IP database - a free version and a paid for version. Flagfox uses the free version, and the lookups you have been doing on the Maxmind website use the paid version. It's not clear what the differences between the free and paid versions are, but it's evident that there are some.

We don't maintain this the IP database in anyway, so any issues need to be addressed directly to Maxmind. For further info on this subject and how to contact Maxmind see this post.