geo.flagfox.net slow to reach [FIXED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
flgfoxy

geo.flagfox.net slow to reach [FIXED]

Post by flgfoxy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I love flagfox but please use a faster server for geo.flagfox.net because from europe it's slow to reach

rleeden
Site Admin

Re: geo.flagfox.net slow to reach

Post by rleeden » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

You're in luck as from the next Flagfox release we'll be moving to a site hosted in the UK :) . The URL is changing as well, as the geo.flagfox.net URL seems to have attracted a lot of crappy traffic recently.

If you want you can start using the new UK site now, by creating a custom action in Flagfox:

Code: Select all

http://geoip.flagfox.net/?ip={IPaddress}&host={domainName}
Although, currently it will show a captcha for each visit, but this will disappear once the new URL becomes the default action in the next version of Flagfox.

flgfoxy

Post by flgfoxy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Thank u very much rleeden because i very like the geo flagfox since it's different from others trace ip/hosts tracers because it doesn't have frippery stuff and the interface it's very clear.
Yep i think it doesn't cause because the server is located in usa because much sites located in usa from italy i open those sites very fast i think some stupid doing a similiar DoS attack on geo flag fox site
i apologize for my english and thanks for the good news :-)

edwinboersma

Post by edwinboersma » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

I have two comments to this:

1. The FF add-on has not been updated yet for the new address, resulting in a 404 page.
2. The captcha is really annoying! I hate this captcha where you can hardly read the letters, let alone the whole word. I find it a real disimprovement of the service. There must be other ways to prevent unwanted traffice to your site.

Rgds,
Edwin

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:21 pm

edwinboersma wrote:1. The FF add-on has not been updated yet for the new address, resulting in a 404 page.
Flagfox was updated to use the new Geotool domain three monthly updates ago. Make sure you have addon automatic updates turned on. You need Flagfox 4.1.13 or later. The latest update is currently Flagfox 4.1.16.

If you use and need to update the search provider, you can do so by right-clicking on the search bar, going to manage, deleting the old one, then installing the new one off of http://geoip.flagfox.net/ via the search plugin link up top.
edwinboersma wrote:2. The captcha is really annoying! I hate this captcha where you can hardly read the letters, let alone the whole word. I find it a real disimprovement of the service. There must be other ways to prevent unwanted traffice to your site.
Well, technically it's supposed to be annoying. It's not to prevent just "unwanted" traffic, per se, so much as troves and troves of automated traffic sent in by idiots.

In any case, you won't get the captcha on Geotool if you open it via a current version of Flagfox.