No flags [OBSOLETE]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
dave_s

No flags [OBSOLETE]

Post by dave_s » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Since upgrading to 4.1.12 from 4.1.10 all I ever see for a flag is a two piece blue thing and clicking shows the correct domain and "offline mode" What gives?

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: No flags

Post by DaveG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:00 am

Firefox is in offline mode then, however if you can still go to webpages then you've got something quite broken. Troubleshoot your extensions. (read here, #5)

dave_s

Post by dave_s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:15 am

All browsing works. Flagfox 4.1.10 worked. Disabling all other extensions makes no difference. Installing Flagfox into a new profile still claims it is offline.

There also seems to be a problem in that if I go to add-ons and search for Flagfox and click install the download never happens. If I go to the home page and click install it installs.

I have re-installed Flagfox several times and it still says offline.

dave_s

Post by dave_s » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I just tried on my wife's machine. She was on Firefox 8.0.1 and Flagfox 4.1.11 Running find updates it showed FF 4.1.12 Clicking update and it adds a 4.1.12 item that will be installed after restart - the previous version is still shown.as needing update. Restarting and all the same - both version are shown and both say they will be effective after a restart. The *only* way I have found is not to update but to disable the previous version, then remove it and then go find the latest. The flags are working on my wife's box so I would like to know what you suggest to track down what is screwed on mine.

EDIT: I just realised that I have not told you I am on Firefox 10.

dave_s

Post by dave_s » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 pm

As this still is not working here I decided to poke around, and a bit of Googling suggests that window.navigator.online does not work in all browsers and versions thereof. - So as I never work offline I have commented out the "if (!window.navigator.online)" section. I now have the flags back. Google also suggests using a more generic method to determine online status - like trying to download something.