Icon in the status bar

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
emil9216

Icon in the status bar

Post by emil9216 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi,

I think an icon on the status bar will be useful because sometimes the flagfox icon doesn't appear in the address bar when there is a problem loading a page, and then i can't access the option list, but from status bar i could access them all the time.

Thanks!

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Icon in the status bar

Post by DaveG » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 pm

The position of the icon doesn't affect what you're talking about. It will always use the same menu.

If you get an error page from Firefox, and you're still online, Flagfox will show a red error icon in place of a flag. You can still right-click on it to get the menu and use most actions. For example, I do this to use the Google Cache action in this situation.

(you can test this by gong to a page that doesn't exist, ex: http://www.adsgasdgadgadgsdgdg.com/)

emil9216

Post by emil9216 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 am

When firefox is trying to connect a site and connection time out the red icon doesn't appear and if i want to check if the site is down i can't do this. And i don't think icon in status bar will be a problem. Flagfox has this option in one of the oldest version. I don't know why they decided to remove it.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

emil9216 wrote:When firefox is trying to connect a site and connection time out the red icon doesn't appear and if i want to check if the site is down i can't do this.
Again, this has nothing to do with the position. The icon doesn't update until you're actually at a page. I've been considering finding a way around this for just this reason.
emil9216 wrote:And i don't think icon in status bar will be a problem. Flagfox has this option in one of the oldest version. I don't know why they decided to remove it.
I explained the reasons I removed that option instead of writing new support for the add-on bar after the status bar was removed in much detail here.

emil9216

Post by emil9216 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I am using Firefox 3.6 and i don't think to upgrade. I guess i have to find the old version of Flagfox with the option for icon in the status bar.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Mozilla will drop support for Firefox 3.6 sometime this year, after which point it will no longer get security updates, so you'll have to update eventually.

I also just remembered something: older Firefox versions would hide all address bar icons at some times, whereas I don't think current Firefox does at all (which I why I forgot about it).