firefox 7 update

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
mahtaz55

firefox 7 update

Post by mahtaz55 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:36 pm

To whom it may concern.
I updated again now to Firefox 7 and the same thing happened that happened when I updated to firefox 6. Here is the Report I got and keep getting when I go into windows. Please help, this is so annoying. Jeanne

Sorry, the Flagfox extension has encountered a problem. The following error output and a Flagfox preferences dump has been sent to Tools -> Error Console.

------------------------------------------------------------
FLAGFOX VERSION: 4.1.x (missing IPDB!)

ERROR MESSAGE: Fatal Flagfox startup error!

EXCEPTION THROWN: TypeError: addon is null

STACK TRACE:
(null)@resource://flagfox/flagfox.jsm:70
safeCall((function (addon) {try {FlagfoxVersion = addon.version;var ip4db = addon.getResourceURI(IPv4DBfilename).QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIFileURL).file;var ip6db = addon.getResourceURI(IPv6DBfilename).QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIFileURL).file;ipdb.init(ip4db, ip6db);checkIPDBage();ready = true;} catch (e) {handleStartupError(e);}}),null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:48
([object Object])@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:897
AOC_callNext()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:118
(null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:892
PL_getAddon("{1018e4d6-728f-4b20-ad56-37578a4de76b}",(function (aAddon) {if (aAddon) {safeCall(aCallback, aAddon);} else {aCaller.callNext();}}))@resource:///modules/PluginProvider.jsm:79
callProvider([object Object],"getAddonByID",null,"{1018e4d6-728f-4b20-ad56-37578a4de76b}",(function (aAddon) {if (aAddon) {safeCall(aCallback, aAddon);} else {aCaller.callNext();}}))@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:76
([object Object],[object Object])@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:888
AOC_callNext()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:124
(null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:892
(null)@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:3047
([object Array])@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:4864
(0)@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:3867

BROWSER: Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 (Gecko 7.0.1 / 20110928134238)
LOCALE: en-us content / en-us UI / en-us OS
------------------------------------------------------------

Select and copy the error report above. In order to fix this problem for you and others, please read and follow the troubleshooting and bug reporting instructions on the Flagfox support forums. Please post an abundance of information with any error reports, namely what you were doing at the time that may have triggered this. (English please)

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: firefox 7 update

Post by DaveG » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:32 pm

This is a bug in Firefox's Addon Manager that seems to happen on Firefox update sometimes. Please reinstall Flagfox (uninstall Flagfox, restart Firefox, then install Flagfox again).

SlimSylv

Post by SlimSylv » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:34 am

Hi Dave, I know I'm a novice, but I had the same problem as mahtaz55, (an error message on installing an update to flagfox7), but I can't seem to find flagfox to uninstall it! Can you point me in the right direction, please. I have noticed that the little flags have disappeared from the screen (in the box where the URL is).

I feel so stupid that I can't find it. I tried to re-install it, but Firefox won't let me.

Thanks in anticipation,
Sylvia in Sydney Australia

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 am

Flagfox should be listed in the Addons Manager with a "Remove" button next to its entry for uninstallation. You can get to this by clicking "Add-ons" in the Firefox button menu or Tools in the classic menu, then selecting "Extensions" on the left, and an entry for Flagfox should be in the list on the right. If it's not, then you might've experienced a Firefox 7.0 but if you haven't updated to at least 7.0.1 (8.0 is out now, so you should probably just get that anyway). If you're using up-to-date Firefox and it's still not there then it's not installed for some reason.

In any case, you can (re-)install Flagfox from here. I recommend uninstalling before reinstalling just to be thorough; it may not be required to fix this Firefox glitch.