Firefox 6 Addons issue w/ Flagfox

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
paulcoholic

Firefox 6 Addons issue w/ Flagfox

Post by paulcoholic » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm

I received an error message, but first, what happened prior: I had disabled the Shareaholic extension. After I restarted Firefox 6, the FF Dock icon showed 2 Firefoxes bouncing, I ForceQuit one of them. After restarting Firefox, a Flagfox error was reported. Now, one consequence of the issue is that although my extensions are intact, when I goto Tools---> Addons---> Extensions, the menu says that I have none installed. But, they are there.

I have an iMac, Intel Core Due, running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Now, for the error message:

"Sorry, the Flagfox extension has encountered a problem. The following error output and a Flagfox preferences dump has been sent to Tools -> Error Console.

------------------------------------------------------------
FLAGFOX VERSION: 4.1.x (missing IPDB!)

ERROR MESSAGE: Fatal Flagfox startup error!

EXCEPTION THROWN: TypeError: addon is null

STACK TRACE:
(null)@resource://flagfox/flagfox.jsm:70
safeCall((function (addon) {try {FlagfoxVersion = addon.version;var ip4db = addon.getResourceURI(IPv4DBfilename).QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIFileURL).file;var ip6db = addon.getResourceURI(IPv6DBfilename).QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIFileURL).file;ipdb.init(ip4db, ip6db);checkIPDBage();ready = true;} catch (e) {handleStartupError(e);}}),null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:48
([object Object])@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:844
AOC_callNext()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:118
(null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:839
PL_getAddon("{1018e4d6-728f-4b20-ad56-37578a4de76b}",(function (aAddon) {if (aAddon) {safeCall(aCallback, aAddon);} else {aCaller.callNext();}}))@resource:///modules/PluginProvider.jsm:79
callProvider([object Object],"getAddonByID",null,"{1018e4d6-728f-4b20-ad56-37578a4de76b}",(function (aAddon) {if (aAddon) {safeCall(aCallback, aAddon);} else {aCaller.callNext();}}))@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:76
([object Object],[object Object])@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:835
AOC_callNext()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:124
(null)@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:839
(null)@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:2915
([object Array])@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:4741
(0)@resource:///modules/XPIProvider.jsm:3747

BROWSER: Mozilla Firefox 6.0 (Gecko 6.0 / 20110811165603)
LOCALE: en-us content / en-us UI / en-us OS
------------------------------------------------------------

Select and copy the error report above. In order to fix this problem for you and others, please read and follow the troubleshooting and bug reporting instructions on the Flagfox support forums. Please post an abundance of information with any error reports, namely what you were doing at the time that may have triggered this. (English please)"

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Firefox 6 Addons issue w/ Flagfox

Post by DaveG » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 pm

paulcoholic wrote:I received an error message, but first, what happened prior: I had disabled the Shareaholic extension. After I restarted Firefox 6, the FF Dock icon showed 2 Firefoxes bouncing, I ForceQuit one of them. After restarting Firefox, a Flagfox error was reported. Now, one consequence of the issue is that although my extensions are intact, when I goto Tools---> Addons---> Extensions, the menu says that I have none installed. But, they are there.
This is a Firefox bug that's becoming more common with each update and the Flagfox error is merely a symptom of it. If you've tried reinstalling Flagfox or any addon and it's not helping, you can delete extensions.ini and extensions.sqlite in your Firefox profile to reset the Addon Manager. You'll have to re-disable any addons you had installed but disabled prior to the reset, but you won't lose any settings for individual addons themselves.