Site Hosting

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
iastaff

Site Hosting

Post by iastaff » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

Pursuant to this statement I found regarding the current hosting crisis:

Yes, Geotool is down right now. Everything else works fine, Flagfox itself is unaffected as well as the other actions; it's just the default action, i.e. what's done when you click the flag (unless you change it in the options to something else). We've had a massive surge of apparent abuse, approaching 2 million hits, that overloaded even our ability to block them. That's about a 1600% increase of traffic. The host service pulled the plug for now. We're working on a solution. Please be patient.

...I'd like to offer the services of my company to host this site and its affiliated projects free of charge. I myself am a long term user and it has proven very reliable in the past and the present and we'd like to share some of the massive resources we have free of charge. This offer is being put out here as we see this as a community project and not a for-profit venture by the author. I won't drop a link or email address here, but the author/administrator of this site can feel free to send me a private message for further details. Thank you.