Page 1 of 1

ConQuery conflict [FIXED]

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:05 am
by Guest1
Pheeeeww! This complicated registration sucks for just a quick bug report. You should make it like Sourceforge, where anyone can send bug reports instantly.
Flagfox 3.0.1 doesnt work anymore (FF, MacOSX 10.4.10). Flagfox II worked just fine. Now the first approx. 5 different domains are displayed with flag etc. From then the icon stays grey with a questionmark inside and the tooltip says "Unknown site". This is until you restart Firefox, but then again only the first few flags are displayed. Maybe the list of my extensions might help you find the bug.
Aardvark 2.2
Adblock Plus [de]
Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.2
BugMeNot 1.3
ConQuery 1.7.3
CookieCuller 1.3.1
CustomizeGoogle 0.63
Deutsches Wörterbuch 1.0.1
Digger 2.0
DOM Inspector
Download Statusbar
DownloadHelper 2.4.3
Enhanced History Manager
ErrorZilla 0.2
Fasterfox 2.0.0
Fetch Text URL 1.6.1
Firebug 1.05 [DISABLED]
Fission 0.8.8
Flagfox 3.0.1
Forecastfox 0.9.6
Google Pagerank Status 0.9.7
Html Validator [DISABLED]
Image Zoom 0.3
Leet Key 1.3.5
LinkChecker [de] 0.6.1
Live HTTP Headers 0.13.1 [DISABLED]
Locationbar² 0.9.1
Menu Editor
MIME Edit 0.60
Nightly Tester Tools 1.3b3
RefreshBlocker 0.4
Resizable Form Fields 0.2.4
Session Manager
Show Image 0.4.2
ShowIP 0.8.05
Stylish 0.5.2
Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6
User Agent Switcher 0.6.10
Viamatic foXpose 0.6
Web Developer 1.1.4
YSlow 0.8.0 [DISABLED]

Re: Since v3.0 it doesn't work anymore

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:42 am
by DaveG
Wow, you use a lot of extensions...

First thing to try, create a new Firefox profile and install Flagfox. (firefox -profilemanager) If it works there, then it's probably an extension conflict. If not, then it's a MacOSX issue. Hopefully it's the former, so I can test that. ;)

Edited to add:
I've made a couple fixes that may or may not help this issue. Please update to 3.0.2 and test again.

Edited again to add:
Already up to version 3.0.5. You need to test with this and tell me if it's still having issues.
Unless you reply with more info, I can't help you.
For now, I guess this problem will go unsolved. :S

ConQuery conflict

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:35 am
by Kalimist

Same problem here, I'm using Windows XP and Firefox But I've discovered a compatibility issue, there is a conflict between ConQuery and Flagfox. I've tested disabling all extensions one by one and here is the result.


Re: ConQuery conflict

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:03 am
by DaveG
Ok, that's interesting. I'll take a look into that now. However, I must point out that ConQuery hasn't been updated since December of 2006. For all we know the problem is on their end.

(pay no mind to my futzing with threads :p )

Re: ConQuery conflict

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 am
by DaveG
Found the problem. I wanna smack whomever decided that JavaScript shouldn't be able to do scope sanely... (and for that matter, Mozilla for not forcing extensions to be absolutely scoped appart) Somehow ConQuery manages to hose the handle Flagfox uses for the preferences right after you open ConQuery's context menu. Whatever, I'll mangle the name for the next release. That seems to fix it.

Re: ConQuery conflict [FIXED]

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 pm
by Kalimist
Thanks a lot DaveG, i'll wait for the next release because ConQuery is a very useful extension and I don't know any alternative to this.


Re: ConQuery conflict [FIXED]

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:22 pm
by DaveG
I've just posted 3.1.7 to AMO. Whenever that goes through, please give things a test and make sure everything works on your end now.

Re: ConQuery conflict [FIXED]

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:59 am
by Kalimist
It works perfectly, thanks again.