a temporary stop (proxy issues) [FIXED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: a temporary stop

Post by DaveG » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:36 pm

Interesting. You didn't even get the stalling problem? I guess if your network's DNS server is fast enough, the lookup delay might not be noticeable.

Yes, I was planning on adding an option for this, but I just wanted to get the 3.0.4 fix out there to stop the DNS request from leaking out for people with anonymizing proxies. I wouldn't have though this would have affected as many people, but it seems some companies have some interesting network setups.

Putting in the option to allow this takes a little bit more testing, which I didn't have the time for the other night. I'll see what I can do now.

Edited to add:
Ok, I've posted 3.0.5 to AMO with an option to allow the lookup for those who can. Just set flagfox.allowdnslookup to true in aboug:config. Will be available there whenever AMO clears it for public release.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:15 am

Excellent. Working again with 3.0.5. Thank you. :D

rleeden
Site Admin

Post by rleeden » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:49 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for 3.0.5. It's working fine for me at work where we have a proxy, but can do external DNS lookups from our local desktops. No stalling, as our DNS servers are almost instantaneous. :)

Richard

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:45 pm

rleeden wrote: No stalling, as our DNS servers are almost instantaneous. :)
I've switched to an asynchronous DNS lookup to work correctly with this option, so even if the servers weren't really fast there shouldn't be a stall anymore. It'll just stay as the "unknown site" icon until the lookup comes back.

NakoRuru1982

Re: a temporary stop [RESOLVED]

Post by NakoRuru1982 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:44 am

Hi David.

Thanks for release of 3.0.5

Now my firefox works fine in that page, though the tool tip of flag is still "local" whether or not I open TOR.

However, I'm OK with it as long as it won't stop any more.