conflict with IETab [FIXED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
NakoRuru1982

conflict with IETab [FIXED]

Post by NakoRuru1982 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:05 pm

hi all,

I like this add-on except one thing.
If I install add-on "IETab", each time as long as I switch a page into IE mode, then switch back, at this moment, my firefox seems stop for a while.
I'm sure you can reproduce it, and please have a good look at it.
I think this is caused by case that a page cannot find its related flag.
I wonder whether you are supposed to use a thread.

Thanks,
Nako Ruru

rleeden
Site Admin

Re: conflict with IETab

Post by rleeden » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Which version of Flagfox are you using? If it's not 3.0.2 could you upgrade to that version and try IEtab again? You can download 3.0.2 here.

Richard

NakoRuru1982

Post by NakoRuru1982 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your fast replay.
Mine dose be 3.0.2.
In fact, this conflict appears since first time I install the flagfox, which was only version II at that moment. Each time I upgraded, I would test whether this problem has been solved.
Unfortunately, it appears in each version. :)
Thanks,

rleeden
Site Admin

Post by rleeden » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi,

I've just tried Flagfox and IETab together (no other extensions) and I'm not seeing your problem.

When you're in 'IE mode' and you hove over the Flagfox flag, what does the tooltip say? It should say 'Local file' because as far as Firefox is concerned the tab in IE mode is a local file (the URL actually begins "chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url=").

I'm sure DaveG (the Flagfox code maintainer) will have a look at this too when he sees this thread.

Richard

NakoRuru1982

Post by NakoRuru1982 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:15 pm

glad to see that mine works fine now
really sorry to trouble you.
anyway, thank you

rleeden
Site Admin

Post by rleeden » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Cool. :D

I think the fixes in 3.0.2 by DaveG should have fixed most conflicts of this nature with other extensions.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:20 pm

Yeah, prior to 3.0.2 (including 2.x and before) it always expected it to be an HTTP page and would choke when it's not.

I did a few tests with IE Tab. I was going to add support for it in Flagfox, but I ran into an impasse. The real URL of the browser is at "chrome://ietab/content/reloaded.html?url={URL}" when using IE Tab, so I thought I could just cut up that string and extract the host from {URL}... nope. IE Tab does not update this URL as it's location changes. If, for example, you IE Tab to google.com, do a search, then click on a link, it will not change the URL, and thus I have no way to know where you really are. (in this example, {URL} stays "http://www.google.com/" until you close IE Tab, regardless of what you do) Seeing as trying to grab the host from this is a little messy, and only works for the initial page, I'm just going to opt to not support pages while in this extension at all. Besides, IE Tab is an extension of last resort, anyway. I pretty much only use it for Windows Update and any crappily written websites that I simply have to use.