Firefox 3.0.2 Add-Ons-Flagfox Update!!!! [RESOLVED]

Any feedback, suggestion, bug reports, problems....
roberto107

Firefox 3.0.2 Add-Ons-Flagfox Update!!!! [RESOLVED]

Post by roberto107 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 pm

It says failure to download from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 of Flagfox under Firefox 3.0.2-Newest/Current Version.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

:oops: :cry: :roll:

rleeden
Site Admin

Re: Firefox 3.0.2 Add-Ons-Flagfox Update!!!!

Post by rleeden » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Download failures such as you describe indicate problems on the Mozilla add-on website.

There is not much (anything!) we can do about those, as problems on that website are totally out of our control. I suggest you just try again, as usually such errors are only temporary. I have just managed to install it successfully :D

Richard

roberto107

Re: Firefox 3.0.2 Add-Ons-Flagfox Update!!!!

Post by roberto107 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Never mind, issue/bug has been resolved, & sorry for the hassle!

:lol:

rleeden wrote:Download failures such as you describe indicate problems on the Mozilla add-on website.

There is not much (anything!) we can do about those, as problems on that website are totally out of our control. I suggest you just try again, as usually such errors are only temporary. I have just managed to install it successfully :D

Richard

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Re: Firefox 3.0.2 Add-Ons-Flagfox Update!!!! [RESOLVED]

Post by DaveG » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 pm

You can also see the Mozilla support article here for this and other errors, but AMO errors are crappy and can be caused by various things. The update just went public so their caching system probably just had a hic-up distributing the new file. As Richard said, just try again.

While I am glad you did come here to ask for help, your first attempt to report this in a review was not a good idea. Please don't do that. (it'll be deleted at some point) In space, no one can hear you scream, and in reviews everyone hears you but no one will hear a reply. In the future, please use normal support channels first instead of reviews, as indicated in the flyout text next to the review box. (a feature which, ironically, was my idea...) Oh, and AMO reviews are plain text, so attempting BBcode in a review didn't work. :wink:

roberto107

Post by roberto107 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:27 pm

I hope you don't mind, Dave, but I apologized and was mistaken in the Reviews Section. I updated it to 5 ***** stars from 3 and told everyone to please disregard the last post in the Review Section I left. What an idiot, moron, and/or complete duffes I am, huh?!

:doh:

DaveG wrote:You can also see the Mozilla support article here for this and other errors, but AMO errors are crappy and can be caused by various things. The update just went public so their caching system probably just had a hic-up distributing the new file. As Richard said, just try again.

While I am glad you did come here to ask for help, your first attempt to report this in a review was not a good idea. Please don't do that. (it'll be deleted at some point) In space, no one can hear you scream, and in reviews everyone hears you but no one will hear a reply. In the future, please use normal support channels first instead of reviews, as indicated in the flyout text next to the review box. (a feature which, ironically, was my idea...) Oh, and AMO reviews are plain text, so attempting BBcode in a review didn't work. :wink:

nimd4

Post by nimd4 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 pm

It's not working for me, can someone please post flagfox-3.3.2-fx.xpi tnx.

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 am

nimd4 wrote:It's not working for me, can someone please post flagfox-3.3.2-fx.xpi tnx.
No. I just downloaded from AMO just fine. Only took a second. Please just try again, or retry tomorrow. Besides, this server doesn't really have the bandwidth to host an installer for general download. (we have 700,000+ Flagfox users)

There is no desperate need to update this second. The main fix in 3.3.2 gets rid of a (logical, though wrong) error when Flagfox tries to load without an address bar. If you don't have one, just put it back. If you don't have this problem, just update tomorrow. Your computer won't explode in the interim.

nimd4

Post by nimd4 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 am

Hehe ok, tnx for the reply!..:) Looks like it was some maintenance on their site.
Last edited by DaveG on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rapidshare link deleted

DaveG
Flagfox Developer

Post by DaveG » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:53 am

For the love of all that is holy, do not post Rapidshare links here. :roll: